Family Law Attorney
Lazar Law is seeking Family Law Attorneys to join our family law firm.
Lazar Law is based in Austin, TX, but because we are a virtual law firm our Family Law Attorneys can live anywhere, so long as your State Bar of Texas license is current. Lazar Law provides all the equipment necessary to set you up at home to perform your professional best. Once a month, we have a mandatory in-person Team meeting in Austin. If you live outside Austin, Lazar Law covers the travel expenses to attend.
This position offers a motivated attorney the opportunity to develop as a family lawyer in a small firm environment and to acquire the experience, skills, and training to advance to Senior Attorney status.
The role of the Family Law Attorney is a key position in Lazar Law, centered on providing the highest level of service to our clients and acting as the right-hand to our Senior Attorneys. Your dedication to the needs of our clients will encourage client loyalty and support our firm’s growth through positive engagement. Your attentiveness to the details and thorough stewardship of case files will help our clients secure the future they envision.
This position works remotely and as part of a virtual team.
The ideal candidates will be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and thrive when following systems and procedures. We are interested in Family Law Attorneys who have a strong work ethic and a sense of accountability. Our ideal candidates are motivated by having clear goals and are team players with a growth mindset. We are looking for those who take pride in what they produce, work in a methodical and organized manner, and have a diligent and determined personality. We believe these qualities will ensure success in this role.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the Clients
- Serve as the project manager of the Client Matters
- Work up and maintain the case files
- Draft and prepare legal documents
- Prepare and maintain detailed summaries and schedules
- Prepare for Mediation and Court
- Take Depositions
- Make Solo Court Appearances, within your ability
- Second-chair Court Appearances with Senior Attorney
- Support Senior Attorneys and work as a Team for the benefit of the Client
Experience and Education
Minimum 2 years of experience practicing family law
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High service orientation
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Prioritizes workload and moves flexibly between tasks
- Methodical, thorough, and detail-oriented
- Uses systems and procedures, and values organization
- Diligently sees tasks to completion and takes initiative
- Computer literacy and experience with standard office equipment and software; must be proficient in the use of current technology and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the Texas Family Code, Texas Rules of Civil Procedure and ability to research, understand and apply applicable Local Rules
- Continuing education and involvement in the issues of family law
- Excellent legal drafting skills
- Excellent legal research skills
- Able to meet billing requirements of 1200 minimum billable hours per year
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE
Must be licensed to practice law in Texas and a member in good standing with the State Bar of Texas. Must maintain State of Texas Notary commission or be willing to register as a notary. Must have a valid Class-C driver license.
Must be present at remote desk during all firm operating hours, and for extended periods of time. Must attend a monthly in-person Team Meeting in Austin, Texas.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $90,000 and up starting base salary, depending on billing rate
- Benefits after 90 days:
- paid health insurance
- paid sick and vacation time off, above and beyond our 1-2 weeks paid year-end closure
- 401(k) with employer match
- Bonus Package based on percentage of collections after reach target
- A fun, welcoming work environment
- Remote, virtual office
Lazar Law provides caring and supportive legal services to those dealing with divorce or custody issues. By helping our client identify the ideal outcome, we foster a trusting relationship that creates a calm place during one of life’s most complicated times.
For immediate consideration, please submit a brief cover letter with your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Family Law Attorney” and your name in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE THAT RESUMES WITHOUT FAMILY LAW EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Share This Career Listing
Our Areas of Practice
Jodi and her team were beyond thorough, respectful, and diligent. Let alone being a complete joy to work with, Jodi and the team really had my best interests at heart and it showed with every step they made. I owe my future to them and would recommend working with Lazar law to anyone.
– Frances G.