Senior Family Law Attorney
Lazar Law is seeking Senior Family Law Attorneys to join our family law firm.
Lazar Law is based in Austin, TX, but because we are a virtual law firm our Senior Family Law Attorneys can live anywhere in Texas, so long as your State Bar of Texas license is current. Lazar Law provides all the equipment necessary to set you up at home to perform your professional best. Once a month, we have a mandatory in-person Team meeting in Austin. If you live outside Austin, Lazar Law covers the travel expenses to attend.
This position offers a motivated, experienced family law attorney the opportunity to develop a family law practice in a team-oriented small firm environment and to increase earning potential through our bonus program.
The role of the Senior Family Law Attorney is a key position in Lazar Law, centered on providing the highest level of service to our clients and managing a caseload and team, as well as supporting all the clients of the firm. Your dedication to the needs of our clients will encourage client loyalty and support our firm’s growth through positive engagement. Your attentiveness to the details and thorough stewardship of case files will help our clients secure the future they envision.
This position works remotely and as part of a virtual team.
The ideal candidates will not only be able to self-direct, but they are able to manage a support team and lead others to achieve results. Our ideal candidates are motivated by having clear goals and are team players with a growth mindset. We are looking for those who take pride in what they produce, work in a methodical and organized manner, and have a diligent and determined personality. We believe these qualities will ensure success in this role.
SENIOR ATTORNEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage caseload and support all Clients of the firm
- Lead self and support team to achieve results for the Clients
- Lead representation of clients in all aspects of case
- Support other Attorneys and work as a Team for the benefit of the Client
- Meet and exceed Firm Goals
Experience and Education
Minimum 5 years of experience practicing family law; TBLS Board Certification in Family Law is rewarded.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High service orientation
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Prioritizes workload and moves flexibly between tasks
- Methodical, thorough, and detail-oriented
- Uses systems and procedures, and values organization
- Diligently sees tasks to completion and takes initiative
- Computer literacy and experience with standard office equipment and software; must be proficient in the use of current technology and Microsoft Office
- Continuing education and involvement in the issues of family law
- Able to meet billing requirements of 1200 minimum billable hours per year
REGISTRATION, CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE
Must be licensed to practice law in Texas and a member in good standing with the State Bar of Texas. Must have a valid Class-C driver license.
Must be present at remote desk during all firm operating hours, and for extended periods of time. Must attend a monthly in-person Team Meeting in Austin, Texas.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $120,000 and up starting base salary, depending on billing rate
- Benefits after 90 days:
- paid health insurance
- paid sick and vacation time off, above and beyond our 1-2 weeks paid year-end closure
- 401(k) with employer match
- Bonus Package based on percentage of collections and origination after reach target
- Remote, virtual office
Lazar Law provides caring and supportive legal services to those dealing with divorce or custody issues. By helping our client identify the ideal outcome, we foster a trusting relationship that creates a calm place during one of life’s most complicated times.
For immediate consideration, please submit a brief cover letter with your resume and references to email@example.com. Include “Senior Family Law Attorney” and your name in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE THAT RESUMES WITHOUT FAMILY LAW EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Share This Career Listing
Our Areas of Practice
Jodi and her team were beyond thorough, respectful, and diligent. Let alone being a complete joy to work with, Jodi and the team really had my best interests at heart and it showed with every step they made. I owe my future to them and would recommend working with Lazar law to anyone.
– Frances G.