Senior Litigation Paralegal
Virtual family law firm with headquarters in Austin, work from anywhere in Texas.
ABOUT LAZAR LAW
Lazar Law provides caring and supportive legal services to those dealing with divorce or custody issues. We are the go-to firm for complicated family law situations. Our compassionate team guides clients to a post-divorce life that exceeds their expectations. Founder, Jodi Lazar, was named a 2022 Top Lawyer by Austin Monthly Magazine.
What employees say about Lazar Law:
- Truly values and appreciates employees.
- Amazing teamwork.
- Great benefits and work/life balance.
You will be joining a growth-minded firm that prioritizes exceptional client services. You are motivated by having clear goals; consider yourself a team player; are methodical, meticulous, and organized; and take pride in your work. The ideal candidate will have all the following:
- A strong interest in family law.
- Experience in client-facing roles and a history of providing outstanding customer service.
- Impeccable integrity, attention to detail and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, particularly with complex information.
- Demonstrated adaptability and exceptional planning and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with often competing deadlines.
- Critical thinker who is comfortable working collaboratively and independently.
- Strong work ethic and motivation to learn and grow.
- Strives for quality excellence – not perfection.
- A passion for organizational systems and processes.
- Experience with a virtual work environment (both technology and personal management skills).
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Litigation Paralegal is an integral team member who plays a critical role in supporting our clients and attorney in all aspects of preparing for mediation or trial. You will be instrumental at every stage of the process from case inception to completion, have considerable client interaction and will supervise legal assistants and/or paralegal(s).
- Primary point of contact for clients.
- Prepare for and assist at mediation and trial.
- Draft pleadings, motions, discovery requests and responses, subpoenas, notices, and summaries.
- Perform document reviews and prepare and track document production.
- E-discovery and e-filing procedures.
- 5+ years of relevant civil litigation and trial experience. Family law experience a plus.
- ABA approved Paralegal Certificate. TBLS specialized certification in family law preferred.
- Willing to register as a State of Texas notary, current commission a plus.
- Creative problem solver who takes initiative to accomplish tasks with a minimal level of supervision.
- Strong technology experience and proficiency, including Cosmolex, Westlaw, ShareFile, Microsoft Suite (including SharePoint), Right Signature Zoom; DropBox.
- Able to type 50+ words per minute accurately.
- Fluent in English and eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Based in Texas, attend a monthly team meeting in Austin (1.5 days/month, firm covers travel and accommodation), and available during firm operating hours of 8am-5pm.
- Billable requirement: 1,440 annual goal; 1,200 minimum.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This is a full-time, non-exempt role (eligible for overtime pay).
- Annual base salary range: $80,000 – $90,000 (dependent on billing rate).
- Bonus structure above billable minimum requirement.
- Paid time off for all employees (immediately eligible after hire) includes: 10 company holidays; last 1-2 weeks of the calendar year.
- Lazar Law offers outstanding benefits after 90 days of employment, including:
- Fully paid employer health insurance with a low deductible.
- Paid sick and vacation time off, above and beyond holiday and year-end closures.
- Early days off every other Friday.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- This position is virtual. We have office space available in Austin. For candidates local to the area, you have the option to work from the office.
- To apply, email a brief cover letter expressing your interest in family law and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Senior Litigation Paralegal” and your name in the subject line of your email.
- We hope to hire as quickly as possible and will accept applications until the position is filled.
Share This Career Listing
Our Areas of Practice
– Frances G.